Tummy tuck surgery, also called abdominoplasty, removes excessive and loose skin from the lower abdomen. Patients who undergo this popular procedure are looking to have a smooth and tight abdominal profile. Some people have a milder case of excess skin that does not warrant a full tummy tuck surgery. In these situations, Dr. Steven S. Carp, M.D., F.A.C.S. of Carp Cosmetic Surgery Center in Green and Beachwood, Ohio offers his patients in and around Akron, Cleveland and Canton a mini tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck is a minor version of a tummy tuck that firms the abdominal area, giving patients a well-toned appearance.
What Is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
For some patients, sticking to a strict diet and exercise regime does not help them acquire a firm abdomen. A mini tummy tuck can help remove excess skin underneath the belly button and tighten the lower abdominal muscles. The procedure, in principle, is similar to a traditional tummy tuck. However, there are a few differences. The procedure requires less time, and the incision is not as large. Also, patients undergo a shorter recovery period. During the mini tummy tuck, the navel is not repositioned.
Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
During the procedure, Dr. Carp will remove the excess fat and loose skin underneath the belly button and tighten the lower abdominal muscles. The abdominal skin is then pulled and stretched until it is taut. The procedure results in a toned, flat stomach. The mini tummy tuck is an outpatient procedure that takes no more than two hours.
Am I a Candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Carp will explain the differences between a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck. He will also determine which procedure best meets your needs. At this meeting, you will get a chance to ask Dr. Carp any questions.
The ideal candidate for a mini tummy tuck surgery will be a person in good emotional and physical health. The candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Have excess skin underneath the belly button
- Have skin that has lost significant elasticity due to factors such as genetics, recent weight loss, or pregnancy
- Have excess skin in the lower abdominal area that is non-responsive to exercise and dieting
Mini Tummy Tuck Recovery
- One advantage mini tummy tuck surgery has over a full tummy tuck is the fact that it is a less invasive procedure. Because it is not as invasive, the procedure requires less recovery time.
- You will need to wear a compression garment for two weeks following the procedure. The compression garment facilitates healing.
- While your recovery time will not be extensive, there will be discomfort and swelling after the surgery, which will last only a few days.
- Most patients are able to continue their normal activities in about a week. It is highly recommended that patients refrain from strenuous activity for a minimum of two weeks following the procedure.
Mini Tummy Tuck Results
You will see noticeable results immediately following your surgery. It is important to realize that swelling will prevent you from seeing the best results. Once the swelling subsides, you will be able to see greater effects from your mini tummy tuck.
How Much Does a Mini Tummy Tuck Cost?
A mini tummy tuck is considered to be elective, so most insurance providers won’t cover the costs. To help make a mini tummy tuck affordable and accessible for everyone, Carp Cosmetic Surgery Center offers financing options. We also accept cash, personal checks, and major credit cards.
REAL PATIENT REVIEW
“I had a great experience. Dr. Carp has laser focus on the procedure. His staff is warm and wonderful. I found them very supportive. I could ask them any questions I had and felt completely comfortable. I loved having surgery at the office in the surgery center. It was so much less stressful. The surgery staff/nurses made me feel at home and took great cafe of me. The entire journey has been easy thanks to every person at Carp Cosmetic!” – Straightforward199427
A mini tummy tuck can provide you with the results you desire while decreasing the amount of recovery time and side effects. To find out more, patients near Akron, Cleveland, Canton, Beachwood or Green, OH, should contact Dr. Steven Carp of Carp Cosmetic Surgery Center.